Last Updated: March 29, 2013 – The Santa Monica Pier is open year round and admission to the pier is always free! Ride the Santa Monica Pier Ferris wheel for only $5 for adults and $3 for children age 7 and under.
Generally the price of rides cost $5 for adults and $3 for children including the “Pacific Wheel” Ferris Wheel, “West Coaster” Rollercoaster and “Sig Alert EV” Bumper cars.
All Day Unlimited Ride Wristband
Adults and Kids 8+ are $22.95 purchased at the park
Purchase online – Adult discount price of $20
Kids 7 and under are $15.95 purchased at the park
Purchase online – Child discount price of $13
The Best Deal Around – Annual Pass
Santa Monica Pier Hours
The Santa Monica Pier operating hours vary throughout the year. It is best to check the Santa Monica Pier Pacific Park calendar for ride operation details. Call Pacific Park at 310-260-8744 for more information.
Santa Monica Pier Parking
There is parking on the pier and in the parking lot north of the pier.
Cheap short term parking is available right at the base of the pier off of Appian Way. $1.00 per hour; maximum 2 hours. Winter Hours: 7am – 4pm; Summer Hours: 7am – 7pm. 66 spaces available. Get more information and directions for Short Term Parking Lot 1S on the Santa Monica Parking Map.
$10 Per Person Budget Breakdown (Family of 4)
- Ferris Wheel – $5 adults; $3 children 7 & under ($16 for family)
- Bumper Cars – $5 adults; $3 children 7 & under ($16 for family)
- Parking – $2 (Summer 7am-7pm; Winter 7am-4pm) Short Term Parking Lot 1S – View Parking Map
- Food – bring picnic lunch, drinks and snacks
- Ski-Ball – $0.50 per play (4 games = $2)
- Air Hockey – $1.00 per game ($4 for family)= $40 for family of 4 / $10 per person!
There is no charge to stroll the Santa Monica Pier or wander through the rides and games at the Pacific Park Amusement Park. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the swirling rides above you and crashing waves below the pier. For more fun, stop in at the Playland Arcade for a couple of games of air hockey at the back of the arcade ($1.00 per game) and Skee-Ball ($0.50 per play). Don’t forget to stroll to the end of the pier to watch the fishermen in action and maybe even see some phosphorus in the water (video example).
Fly with Trapeze School New York on the Santa Monica Pier
Take flight with the Trapeze School New York located on the Santa Monica Pier. The 10:45am morning 2 hour class is just $47. Later classes are $57.
- Santa Monica Pier
- Pacific Park Amusement Park
- Pacific Park calendar
- Parking At and Near the Pier
- Rides at Pacific Park
- Purchase your Unlimited Ride Wristband online from Pacific Park
- Trapeze School New York
Have you been to the Santa Monica Pier lately or planning to go?
Share your thoughts in the comments below!
Latest posts by Lisa Kuhn (see all)
- Top 5 Places to Visit in Peru - February 16, 2014
- Photo of the Week: Peruvian Painting of Musicians - January 27, 2014
- Free Desktop Wallpaper Download – Mercado Central de San Pedro – Cusco, Peru - January 9, 2014
- Seattle Art Museum – Peru: Kingdoms of the Sun and the Moon Exhibit - September 28, 2013
- Travel Video Tour: Miraflores District in Lima, Peru - September 27, 2013